Moran and Ryan has a long standing tradition and expertise in Licensing law in Ireland. This is reflected in our considerable licensing client base. We act in all aspects of licensing law for food and drink in Ireland. We advise on and represent clients in particular on the following:
- Wine Retailers on Licence
- Restaurant certificates
- Special Restaurant Certificates
- Seven Day Ordinary On Licences for pubs
- Exemptions, extensions, music, singing and dancing licenses
- Retailers off Licences
- Extensions and variations of licensed areas
- Bonded warehousing for wholesale retail of alcohol
- Renewals, complaints and prosecutions.
- Festivals licensing and bar agreements.
All businesses involving the sale of alcohol in Ireland are subject to a licence.
Certain other business activites are also subject to the grant of a licence e.g. sale of cigarettes and tobacco related products.
The conduct of business as an Auctioneer, Estate Agent or Lettings Management Agency is now regulated by the Property Services Regulatory Authority of Ireland.
Businesses must ensure that they are compliant with the requirements of the Licences in each case to evade prosecution for breach and should be aware that it is commonly the case at each renewal date (annually) that under the business in question must have a valid Tax Clearance Certificate from the Irish Revenue Commissioners confirming that their tax affairs are up to date to be in a position to renew their Licence.
As with our other areas of practice our insight and experience will help you to achieve the best value option for your business and ensure a smooth and trouble free transaction. We agree all costs at the outset.