Louise is a Partner and Group Leader of the Commercial Real Estate Team.
She has over twenty-seven years’ experience in property related matters. Her practice area covers all aspects of property law, including:
- Acquisition and disposal of apartment and office blocks, education centres, nursing homes, retail properties and residential tenanted properties,
- Commercial leasing and all landlord and tenant issues,
- Distressed asset purchases and sales,
- Site assembly,
- Property portfolio sales,
- Property related insurance claims,
- Advice in respect of rights of way, wayleaves and easements,
- All aspects of construction law in relation to housing schemes and the development and completion of residential apartment and office blocks.
Louise has advised private equity and fund investors on the acquisition and disposal of high value commercial properties and has also been team lead in multiple landmark commercial property projects.
Prior to joining Moran & Ryan LLP, Louise was a partner at another Irish law firm where she worked for over fifteen years. She is a frequent contributor to the Conveyancing & Property Law Journal, Thomson Reuters, Round Hall.
- Advised on the acquisition, construction and letting of the EXO building, currently Dublin’s tallest, building.
- Advised on the acquisition of three apartment blocks, Elmfield, Leopardstown, Dublin 18.
- Advised in relation to all aspects of the construction, completion and acquisition of the Neptune Block, Honeypark, Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin.
- Advised on the sell-off of a significant property portfolio in excess of €100m, to include landmark multi-tenanted commercial office blocks, retail buildings and an education centre.
- Advised significant retailer on all its leasing and expansion matters, for approximately 25 of its units, its logistic centres, warehouse and offices.
- Advised international logistic provider on all leasing, construction and expansion matters for its nationwide logistic and warehouse units and offices.
- Described in Legal 500, 2018, “Louise Wright is efficient and personable.”
- Described in Chambers Europe, 2018, “Up and coming, Louise Wright handles many of the firm’s real estate acquisitions, disposals and lettings mandates on behalf of domestic and international clients”. One client notes “her work ethic, commercial awareness and drive to deliver the best service,” whilst another says: “She is able to break down and organise the information so that it’s digestible and understandable.”
- Described in Chambers Europe, 2017, “Louise Wright advises on acquisitions, disposals and commercial leasing, Wright also acts on financing and development”. A number of clients highlight her diligence, with one saying: “She leaves no stone unturned and goes the extra mile for us.” “She assists with distressed assets and sales.”
- Described in Chambers Europe, 2016, interviewees describe Louise as “methodical and proactive, with great knowledge. She knows our business and is a strong character.” “She advises domestic and international clients on such areas as commercial leasing, distressed asset transactions, real estate financing and property related insurance claims.”
- Louise was selected as a Ranked Lawyer in Chambers Europe, 2017
- Solicitor, Incorporated Law Society of Ireland
- Certified Mediator, Mediators’ Institute of Ireland
- Bachelor of Arts Degree English, Economics and Sociology, Maynooth University
- Diploma in Legal Studies, DIT/TU Dublin
- Diploma in Judicial Skills and Decision-Making, Incorporated Law Society of Ireland
- Diploma in Construction Law, Incorporated Law Society of Ireland
- Advanced Diploma in Planning and Environmental Law, The Honorable Society of King’s Inns
- Certificate in Enforcement for Public Bodies, Incorporated Law Society of Ireland