The relationship between employee and employer becomes more complex all the time, as does the legal framework that governs this relationship. Moran and Ryan’s employment law solicitors deal with every aspect of this relationship, and with all the issues that arise in Irish employment law.
Irish employment law is fundamentally contract based with the idea that an employer and employee enter into a contractual relationship on agreed terms, set out in the terms and conditions of employment.
There is however a significant amount of legislation relevant to the employer – employee relationship and entrepreneurs and business owners need to be aware of the many legal aspects governing the employment relationship in Ireland or face costly legal actions against them for their failure to comply.
Employees have many remedies and venues in which they can assert their rights if the requirements of the Acts governing employment are not adhered to correctly by employers.
We provide a full suite of services on matters of employment law.
Employment Law Advice – Employer
- Drafting or tightening up existing contracts of employment including key clauses such as restrictive covenants and post termination obligations
- Understanding the legal implications of engaging contractors and how to determine whether a person is an employee or self employed
- Understanding the rights and entitlements of workers including temporary agency workers, fixed term and part time employees
- Review existing workplace policies and procedures to ensure compliance with recent legislation
- Maternity leave obligations
- Defending workplace grievance, disciplinary issue or a bullying and harassment issues
- Extensive experience in dealing with dismissals from an employer perspective
- Advice on defending Employment Equality and Discrimination Issues.
- How to handle complaints of workplace bullying, harassment and sexual harassment
- Obligations on Fixed Term, Part Time and Agency Workers
- Dealing effectively with Sick Leave and Stress Leave issues
- Managing Disciplinary issues effectively including Workplace Grievances
- Managing Electronic Communications Policies in the Workplace
- Extensive experience in defending claims in the Workplace Relations Commission
Employment Law Advice – Employee
- Maternity leave rights and entitlements
- Dealing with workplace grievance, disciplinary issue or a bullying and harassment issues
- Extensive experience in dealing with dismissals from an employee perspective
- Advice on bringing Employment Equality and Discrimination cases.
- Bringing complaints of workplace bullying, harassment and sexual harassment
- Rights of Fixed Term, Part Time and Agency Workers
- Sick Leave and Stress Leave issues
- The Transfer of Undertaking Regulations –when they apply and common key challenges arising
- Extensive experience in bringing claims to the Workplace Relations Commission
- One of the first firms in the jurisdiction to have a successful outcome in the new complex area of Whistleblowing.
If you are unsure of any aspect of Employment Law and how it applies to you as an employer do not hesitate to contact our office for a consultation.
Employment solicitor & Partner Caoimhe is experienced in acting for both the employers and employees on a wide range of general Litigation, Employment, and Equality matters.
Caoimhe can advise from the employers point of view in areas such as investigations, disciplinary procedure, appeal procedure and if the matter proceeds to full scale litigation by way of High Court Injunctions or Workplace Relations Hearings